Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Preparing for Brisbane and Fraser Island

This weekend I'm finally taking my first big trip since I landed in Sydney. I'm heading to Brisbane and Fraser Island with one of my best friends from home, Jenny, who's on the study abroad program with Boston University. We fly in on Friday morning, spend the day in Brisbane, and get picked up for a Four Wheel Drive tour of Fraser Island that'll last two days. It's going to be incredible!

Everything has been going really well here. It's so crazy to think that we've been here for a month and a half - where has the time gone?! Last I wrote, I was about to celebrate my 21st birthday. My birthday was on a Monday, when I had a full day of classes, so we went to Hunter Valley to go wine tasting the next day. What a GREAT trip. We went to five different wineries, tasted some amazing wine, and had a really nice day out of Coogee.

Another big change since I last wrote is...I am officially interning at Rolling Stone Australia! It is actually a dream come true. I started last week, and I couldn't be happier. So far, I've been doing research, transcribing interviews, and writing reviews myself that might get published in the magazine. Is this Almost Famous?

I'm a little worried about taking care of my schedule while I'm here for next semester. It's great that the time was moved at 7am, because that means it'll be 10pm for me! I like to organize a lot for registration so being here is a little stressful for me, but I've already heard from all 3 of my advisors and they're all being so helpful. It definitely eases the pressure!

I'm off to bed before a full day of class and a jam packed weekend - I'll be sure it update with some pictures of the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment