Friday, March 11, 2011

Sick in Sydney


Hello from beautiful Coogee Beach! It's been a while since I've written, and for those waiting on bated breath for my next blog post, I apologize. Truth be told, internet is EXPENSIVE. Plus, I've been too busy doing fun things to write about! So that makes it okay, right? Anyway, I've been pretty sick the past few days, so what better time to take a moment and blog?

The last time I wrote, I was off to the last day of orientation. Since then, classes have started! We just finished up our second week, and things are going well so far. My schedule is still a little bit up in the air as I haven't been placed at an internship yet, but this Monday I have an interview with Rolling Stone Australia! Talk about a dream come true. If I get an internship, the classes I will be taking are: Australian Cinema and TV, Contemporary Approaches to Cinema, and Marine Environment.

Over the past two weeks we've done a lot of exploring around Sydney. We discovered Eastgartens and Bondi Junction Malls, we have done the gorgeous walk from Coogee to Bondi (it takes about 1.5 hours, but it's beautiful), we saw Chelsea Handler at the Sydney State Theater, we went to the first rugby match of the season, and have spent a lot of time at the beach! Oh, and studying, of course.

I've been here for a month, and I feel as if the time is flying by. My friends and I are starting to book trips, which is incredibly exciting. We just booked spring break in Thailand, on a program called Thaintro. Thailand is the one place I've been dying to go to, so it's safe to assume that I'm counting down the days.

The week ahead is going to be amazing. Tomorrow we're going to a surf competition in Bondi, and my roommate and I are going to Future Music Festival. It's a lot of techno and house music which isn't really my style, but we have VIP tickets, so that should be fun. Sunday we're going to the Taste of Sydney Food festival. Monday is my 21st birthday, so after classes and my interview we're going to a nice dinner in the city. Tuesday we're going to Hunter Valley, which is like Napa Valley wine country, for wine tasting. Last but not least, Thursday we're going on a cruise around Darling Harbor for St. Patty's day. It's definitely going to be a jam packed week!

That's all for now! I'll try to keep you guys more up-to-date next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment