Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Soaking it in

It's been about a month since Thailand, and now I have about a month until I leave. How is this all going by so fast?! I'm already feeling nostalgic for something I have yet to leave.

Thailand was indescribable. Truly a life changing experience. I've been to a few other countries, like Ireland, England, Spain, and of course Australia. But I have never been to Asia, or a third world country. The culture there is so different from anything I've ever seen. Our trip started in Bangkok. While there, we traveled to the Floating Markets, Kanchanaburi Tiger Temples, White Po, Grand Palace, Khao San Road, and a few other temples. From there, we took an over night train to Surat Thani, where we took a ferry to Kao Sok National Park - aka the most gorgeous place I have ever been, and probably will ever be, in my entire life. From there we went to Koh Phangnan, where we went to beach parties, rode elephants, snorkeled, and relaxed. After our program ended, my friends and I went to Koh Samui for our last two days for a little R&R. Truly an unbelievable experience.

The past month in Sydney has been amazing. I've gotten so much closer with all of my friends here, we're like a little family! We've gotten to be great chefs, cooking a lot of dinners together. That's something I never thought I'd be able to do, cooking isn't exactly in my genes (cough, Mom). With one month left to go, my friends and I have made a bucket list of everything we need to do in Sydney before leaving. I can't wait to start checking things off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment