Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fall Semester 2010

It feels as if I moved into Richards House as a freshman just last week. It feels as if I stuffed my face with froyo and fries at Rathbone dining hall just a few days ago. My first year at Lehigh may not seem so long ago, but here I am! I just finished my first semester as a junior, and I am anxiously waiting to go abroad to Sydney, Australia while all of my friends are back in school. I'd like to say I'm taking it well, but I'm not. I want nothing more than to be back at Lehigh right now!

The past semester was a great one. I spent another semester living in my sorority house, and became so much closer with girls who were already my best friends. I took some interesting classes, including the - no exaggeration - life changing Multimedia Reporting class, taught by Prof. Jeremy Littau. This semester made everything so much more clear. I have a much better idea of the field I want to go into, and am beginning to find my niche within it. As a college student, you really can't ask for anything better!

This winter break hasn't exactly been relaxing. In preparation to go abroad, I have been working two jobs at home. One at a Spa and Salon, and the other at an events venue. Fortunately, I work during the school year at Lucy's Cafe - a cute little coffee place at the bottom of Linderman Library, so a lot of the pressure to make money was taken off.

This past week I was able to go back to school for sorority rush. I'm actually amazed at how much fun I had, but more importantly how hard it was to leave. The second I got home, I decided on the next time I'll be going back. I don't leave for Sydney until February 13th, so why not?!

To all of my friends back at school - I miss you! To all of my readers who are incoming freshman - oh man, am I jealous. You have no idea how many incredible memories you'll make, even by the time when you're just a second semester junior.

No comments:

Post a Comment